Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are your hours of operation?
The Peninsula Academy opens at 7:00am and closes at 6:00pm.
2. Do you serve breakfast?
We do not serve breakfast, but you are welcome to bring your child’s breakfast with you. Your child may eat his/her breakfast and the teacher is available to assist the children when needed.
3. Are you a licensed center?
Yes, The Peninsula Academy is fully licensed and monitored by the state. Always check the inspection report for any school you are considering. The link for this report is: www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/search/cc.cgi
Once you click on this link, type in the name of the school and click on search. The reports will be listed; if there were violations, click on “yes” and you will be provided the list of violations from the inspection.
4. Is The Peninsula Academy a franchise?
No, TPA is privately owned and operated. One of the owners is on site daily. To read more about the owners, go to the “About the Owners” page of this website.
5. What should I look for in high quality preschool?
- Degreed or highly qualified teachers
- Low turnover of the staff
- Positive and loving environment
- Children at the school are happy and thriving
- The school’s reputation in the community is excellent
6. Do you have waiting lists at The Peninsula Academy?
We currently have a one year waitlist. Feel free to contact us with any questions.